The Dauphin Kings will play inside the Waywayseecappo Arena Complex for the first time this season on Saturday night and when they do, they’ll be looking for a weekend sweep.
After a tremendous third period one night ago, Dauphin hits the road as they make their way to the Arena Complex and the right to be in first place in the West Division is on the line.
Dauphin scored three straight goals on Friday after trailing 2-1. Dauphin is 4-2 on the road this season, they’ve scored 23 times while giving up 16 markers.
Waywayseecappo; meanwhile, is a perfect 6-0 on home ice this season. They have completely dominated their opponents on home ice, scoring 34 times and only giving up 12.
Saturday’s meeting is the second of eight between the two clubs before they play another home-and-home next weekend. The Kings welcomed their best crowd of the night on Friday and a solid crowd is expected in Waywayseecappo on Saturday night.
- Waywayseecappo’s six-game winning streak was snapped on Friday night
- Dauphin has now won seven of their last eight games
- Dauphin has allowed just 31 goals this season, the third-fewest in the league
- The Wolverines have given up 45
- Dauphin has gone 15-for-50 on the powerplay, that’s a league-best 30% while their penalty kill is also on top of the league at 88.1%
- Waywayseecappo is 25.6% on the powerplay and 73.2% on the penalty kill
You can hear the game with Darnell Duff on 730CKDM at 7:15. You can also watch the game on HockeyTV.