The Dauphin Kings are in sole possession of first place in the MJHL’s West Division after a tremendous effort on Saturday night.
Playing the back half of a home-and-home with the Waywayseecapppo Wolverines, Dauphin scored early and often in the first two periods as they skated to a 6-2 win.
Nick Braun opened the scoring at 10:57 into the game and they never looked back as Jayden Jubenvill scored his second and Brayden Dube scored his ninth as Dauphin took a 3-0 lead after 20 minutes.
In the second, Dauphin continued doing what they do when rolling on all cylinders and that’s score. Mathew Rathbone scored once while Kaden Bryant added two goals as Dauphin took a 6-1 lead after 40.
Troy Hamilton scored Waywayseecappo’s lone goal in the period. Andrew Boucher scored in the third for the Wolverines but it was far too late as Dauphin won 6-2.
With the win, Dauphin is now 11-3 and have 22 points, the most in the West Division. Waywayseecappo; meanwhile, drops to 10-4.
Next up for the team is a rematch at the Arena Complex in Waywayseecappo on Friday night.
- With this weekend’s sweep, Dauphin now has four of them this season
- Dauphin continued to sizzle on the powerplay, going 3-for-5
- On the penalty kill, Dauphin was 2-for-3 as their special teams continues to help them win games
- Carson Cherepak won his ninth game of the season in net for Dauphin, making 25 saves in the process
- With the win, Dauphin is now tied for second place in the league with the Winnipeg Blues
- The Kings lead the season series 2-0, heading into next weekend’s home-and-home