The arena was loud and they ended up having lots to cheer about on Friday night.
Playing the first-place Waywayseecappo Wolverines for the first time this season, the Dauphin Kings sent their fans home happy after a thrilling 4-2 win in front of a tremendous crowd at Credit Union Place.
Andrew Boucher would open up the scoring for the Wolverines before Ben Hackl scored while the Kings were on a 5-on-3 with Colby Jaquet and Parker Malchuk picking up the assists.
Owen Wheatley would regain Wayway’s lead as they led 2-1 after 40 minutes of play; however, Dauphin stole the show in the third period.
It wasn’t a highlight reel goal by any means but for Andrew Andries, a goal is a goal. He walked over the blue-line and snapped it under the glove of Liam Tereposky to tie the game and then Nick Braun took over.
He scored his third and fourth goal of the season in the third as Dauphin scored three straight goals to earn a 4-2 win. With the win in regulation, Dauphin moves back into a tie with the Wolverines for the top spot in the MJHL’s West Division. Both teams are 10-3.
You can hear the rematch on Saturday with Darnell Duff beginning with the Parkland Source for Sports pregame show at 7:15 from the Waywayseecappo Arena Complex.
- Carson Cherepak rebounded very nicely on Friday night, making 26 saves, several of which were quality scoring chances as he won his eighth game of the season
- Andries goal was his first as a King. He’s missed plenty of time this season because of injury
- Dauphin went a perfect 3-for-3 on the penalty kill
- The Kings now lead the season series 1-0, with seven more games against Waywayseecappo to come
- Friday’s game marked Dauphin’s eighth time this season where they have allowed two or fewer goals
- Dauphin is now 6-1 on home ice this season, Waywayseecappo falls to 4-3 on the road