The Dauphin Kings are tied for first-place in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League after winning a thriller on Friday night.
Mathew Rathbone scored just more than 2:30 into overtime as the Kings skated off with a 2-1 win against the Waywayseecappo Wolverines.
The win gives Dauphin their 12th win and they’re now three points ahead of Wayway for first in the West. They’re also tied with Steinbach for first place.
Nick Braun opened the scoring for Dauphin in the second as he scored a goal for the third straight game. However, Waywayseecappo tied it later in the period while on the man advantage.
Both Carson Cherepak and Liam Tereposky stole the show in the third period as both goaltenders made some tremendous saves.
In the end, Rathbone scored his sixth goal of the season in overtime as Dauphin skated off with a thrilling win.
These same two teams will meet on Saturday in Dauphin.
- Dauphin won their fourth straight game
- Carson Cherepak was once again great for Dauphin as he won his 10th game and he made 33 saves
- Braun earned his sixth goal of the season
- Dauphin is now 6-2 on the road this season
- Tereposky was also solid for Wayway, making 35 saves in the defeat.