The Dauphin Kings Junior Hockey Club of the MJHL is seeking an Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2016-2017 season.
Requirements – CAT preferred, First Aid, CPR, Respect in Sport
Start Date – August 15th/2016
End Date – May 1st/2017 (Approx)
• Skate sharpening.
• Implement an effective Emergency Action Plan with your team.
• Recognize life-threatening and significant injuries, and be prepared to deal with serious injury.
• Manage minor injuries according to basic injury management principles and refer players to medical professionals when necessary.
• Recognize injuries that require a player to be removed from action. Refer players to medical professionals and coordinate return to play.
• Conduct regular checks of players’ equipment to ensure proper fit, protective quality and maintenance.
• Promote proper conditioning, warm-up, and cool down techniques as effective methods of injury prevention.
• Maintain accurate medical information files on all players and team officials and bring these to all team activities.
• Maintain a Player Injury Log.
• Maintain a fully stocked First Aid Kit.
• Facilitate communication with players, coaches, parents, physicians, therapists, paramedical personnel, officials and other volunteers regarding safety, injury prevention and player’s health status.
• Prepare home dressing room.
• Provides equipment duties during all home and away games and all practices.
• Oversees team laundry operation.
• Must be able to travel and maintain flexible hours including some holidays and weekends.
• Perform some office duties, including managing equipment inventory.
Salary will depend on experience.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday May 31st
Please submit resume to:
Dauphin Kings Junior A Hockey Club