Hayden Lacquette scored the only goal of the game on Friday night as the Dauphin Kings snapped their two-game losing streak.
On a night where the team recorded 40 shots, Lacquette found the back of the net just 5:18 into the game and it stood up as the game winner for Dauphin as they improved to 21-6 on the season.
In the third period, Dauphin completely locked it down defensively as they allowed Winnipeg to only record two shots and they only had 14 all game.
Brayden Dube had the lone assist on Lacquette’s goal, which was his second of the season.
Paired with a Waywayseecappo loss, Dauphin now has a six-point cushion atop the West Division and they will wrap up their home-and-home with the Blues on Saturday night at Credit Union Place.
- Cherepak recorded his third shutout of the season
- Lacquette’s goal was his first game-winner of the season
- Dauphin was perfect on the penalty kill in the game, going 1-for-1
- Dauphin is now 11-3 on the road this season
- They lead their season series with Winnipeg, 2-0