It was Parker Malchuk on Friday and on Saturday night, Kaden Bryant played the role of hero as the Kings kept rolling.
On a powerplay 7:11 into the third period, Bryant took a pass from Colby Jaquet and fired it five-hole past Eric Reid as Dauphin took a 3-2 lead and they never looked back in a 4-2 win against the Oil Capitals.
Jaquet opened the scoring in the first period with his fourth of the season 4:00 into the game. Virden; however, responded very nicely, scoring two goals to end the period. Tyler Thoendel scored at 11:53 and with 2:19 left in the first, Dylan Halliday gave Virden a 2-1 lead and they held that heading into the second period.
In the second, Ben Hackl scored his third of the season as Dauphin tied the game up and the two team’s went into the third period tied at two.
Bryant’s goal in the third would hold up as the game-winner for Dauphin, who has now won five straight games. Brayden Dube scored his fifth goal into an empty-net with 12 seconds left to lock the game up.
With the win, Dauphin moves to 8-2 and they are in sole possession of first place in the West Division, two points ahead of Waywayseecappo, who play on Sunday against OCN.
Dauphin also now has opened up a seven point gap on Virden in the standings.
- Dauphin has now completed weekend sweeps on back-to-back weekends. They beat OCN twice last weekend
- Colby Jaquet continued with the tear he’s on to start the season. He now has 18 points and is comfortably in the top 10 in league scoring
- Carson Cherepak made 24 more saves for Dauphin in the victory
- Parker Malchuk had two assists in his second game back from an injury after scoring the game-winner last night
- Dauphin now leads the season series, 2-0.